(New Chapel). Medium Welsh cheddar blended with White wine from the Sugarloaf Vineyard in Abergavenny, garlic and elderflower and lemon thyme. These provide the bouquet for the gentle garlic flavour of this cheddar. Named after the first religious building in Blaenavon, it was first mentioned in 1577. The site is now a scheduled monument. The cheese is sealed in a rich green wax.